myHealth for Teens and Young Adults is committed to promoting digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards.
This website conducted a process to implement an automatic accessibility tool to conform as closely as possible to the standards set by the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1) at the AA level.
Measures taken to make this website more accessible
myHealth’s automatic digital accessibility tool implements the following measures to websites on which it is installed:
- Enable keyboard navigation.
- Ability to resize, adjust, and align the site font.
- Change color contrast based on dark background.
- Change color contrast based on a light background.
- Change the site’s colors.
- Matching and monochrome options for color blind people.
- Change the font for readability.
- Increase the cursor size and change its color to black or white.
- Increase the display to 200%.
- Highlight links on the site.
- Highlight headers on the site.
- Display an alternative description of the images.
- Increase the content chosen by the cursor, showed in a tooltip.
- Describe words by mouse selection.
- Display the site’s contents in a new window clearly and readable.
- Enable users to type contents using the mouse.
- Stop blinking and flashing of moving elements
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our goal is to be able to support the widest array of browsers and assistive technologies as possible. We have therefore invested efforts to support popular systems with high market share, including Safari, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera. We have also addressed JAWS and NVDA assistive technologies for Windows and MAC.
Accessibility of this website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Notes, Comments, and Feedback:
Despite our efforts to make this website accessible to as many people as possible, it is possible that some pages or sections on this website have for a variety of reasons not yet been made fully accessible. We are dedicated to improving the digital accessibility features and interface of our website.
We aim to respond to digital accessibility feedback within 7 business days and to propose a solution within 30 business days.