Benefits of being in the Becoming Program
- Nurse visits at home or school to check on mom and baby’s health
- Lower risk of premature birth
- Building skills to increase confidence in parenting abilities
- Early screening for depression and other mental health issues
- Increased bonding between you and your baby
- Gifts for you and your baby
Connecting you with Resources
- Choosing a doctor
- Finding housing
- Applying for WIC (Women, Infants & Children) or medical insurance
- Early Childhood Family Education or finding childbirth preparation classes
- Parenting classes
- Getting transportation for appointments
- Counseling for stress, anxiety, or depression
Case managers can help pregnant or parenting young people and their families stay healthy throughout the pregnancy.
As a part of this program, individuals will learn about what the “next steps” are for their personal situation. Case managers will help participants plan for the future, whether that be completing school, job training, preventing subsequent or unplanned pregnancies, etc.
Participants will learn about medical insurance and financial resources and receive help finding other services like prenatal or well-baby care, child care assistance, dental, mental health, crisis or chemical abuse counseling, etc. and help with preparing for labor and delivery.
The program also teaches participants about taking care of babies and young children including breastfeeding, starting solids, sleeping, growth and development, etc.
Our goal is to help young people to be the best parents they can be!
Still not sure?
Becoming Program Case Managers are licensed nurses. They have experience working with young people and their families. They listen to their clients’ needs and provide information and education in a non-judgmental and friendly way.
Case managers can meet clients in their homes, at school, in our clinic or at another location. Whether the young person is pregnant, has an adoption plan, or is parenting a young child, the becoming program can be a great resource and support.